Merry Christmas everyone!! I am going to cut right to the chase on this one...so many pictures to share.
 |
Andy and I on our way to one of our most favourite places on earth,
Phi Phi island in southern Thailand (pronounced "pee pee"). |
 |
| The captain who got us there safely. |
 |
| Arriving at Phi Phi. |
 |
| Our resort's private beach. Amazing. |
 |
| Our awesome room. |
 |
| Our even more awesome private balcony. This is only a portion of it. It was huge! |
 |
| Our bungalow. |
 |
| We had a visitor. |
 |
| Orchids all over. |
 |
Ao Po, mine and Andy's favourite snorkel spot.
We fell in love with this place 3 years ago (spent about 3 weeks here). So happy we got to go back! |
 |
| Jesse and Barb walking Long Beach. |
 |
| For Leta. |
 |
| Barb and Andy waiting for lunch at our resort. The balloons are part of the Christmas decorations they put up. |
 |
Christmas Eve! It was a great day. I woke up and got to Skype with my entire family while they were celebrating!
 |
| Then we all had massages in this hut. Felt so good after a great kayak session we did the day before. |
|
 |
Tropical turkey.
I wasn't able to have the 12 traditional Polish dishes we usually have on Christmas Eve, but I did stick to a meatless meal! We had a feast of clams, barracuda, and king fish. I loved every bite of it! |
 |
| Santa? |
 |
| Our Christmas table. Barb brought a suitcase of decorations and treats so we didn't miss out! |
 |
Andy opening presents after our fish feast.
|
 |
| Relaxing and doing more Skyping on Christmas morning. |
 |
| Artist. |
 |
| Christmas Day. |
 |
| Coconut pancakes. |
 |
| Dean and Jesse watched some Thai boxing. |
 |
| Christmas Day pizza. Yummy, but does not come close to my baba's cooking. |
 |
| Barb on the tricky path to our bungalow. |
 |
| Jesse and I lounging. |
 |
| On Boxing Day we went out to Phi Phi Leh (a tiny island off the main Phi Phi island) for a few hours. |
 |
| Beautiful and INSANELY crowded during high season (our winter). Such a difference from when Andy and I were here during low season (our summer). |
 |
| Jesse. |
 |
| Our drivers for the day. So relaxed...gotta love Thais. |
 |
Our longtail boat.
|
 |
Back on the main island.
We hiked up to a viewpoint to watch the sunset (also on Boxing Day).
|
 |
The group.
|
 |
Our last feast on Phi Phi.
|
 |
After Phi Phi, we went back to Krabi and flew to Bangkok. We had just enough time back at our apartment to eat, do laundry, catch a few hours of sleep before we headed off to Cambodia...which is where we are now. We will be spending New Years here. I was supposed to start work again on January 3rd, but just got an email today saying we are now starting on the 4th. Lucky for me, I get to spend an extra day here!
This is a picture of Andy washing his hands in a high class outdoor sink at a pitstop somewhere between Bangkok and the Cambodia boarder. |
No comments:
Post a Comment