Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Well, it's back to work for me on Monday! I loved every second of my time off, but I am ready to hit the ground running. There is still water on the school grounds, but they have built a sandbag bridge to get into the building. Once inside, students will not be allowed to leave until the end of the day!

I took this picture of the school last week. There was about 40 inches of water in the front.
The coffee shop and Thai school were not as lucky..they have over a meter of water inside. 

The end of the road that runs beside our school.
The water is about 1 meter deep just a little bit further down the road.

View from a classroom. That was a brand new basketball/track court! Everything will have to be re-done.

Not a real lake.

A house in our neighbourhood.

Boats for sale everywhere.

Even from moving vehicles.

And parked ones.

What the entrance of MetroPark currently looks like.


Our entrance. I am getting good at climbing over sandbag walls.

The canal beside our building. This is the highest it has ever been.
Much higher than usual, but still a ways to go before it overflows.
Thankfully the water is receding.


A nice shade of green.
This was last week. The pool is now back to normal.

Yet another sandbag wall. This is our building.

We have to climb over this every time we use the elevator.
Not easy to do in a skirt.

More pretty flower pictures.
A tree in MetroPark.
Since Andy and I will not be home for Christmas, we decided to put some decorations up early so we could enjoy them before we leave. I must say, Bangkok is really lacking in the beautiful Christmas decoration department.
The nicest decorations we could find.
I was very tempted to buy some fake snow to spray on the windows.

We cranked some Christmas tunes, annddd a whole 3 minutes later...
our entire apartment is decorated!


Our gigantic tree.

Our festive coffee table.

Me ruining Andy's Christmas photo.

I wanted to have hot cocoa and candy canes to celebrate our decoration project completion.
This was the closest thing we had.

1 comment:

  1. No more outdoor phys. ed. class for Miss Melanie!!!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete