What a day! Not a dull moment around here I tell ya!
So, all was well back at school after the flood. We were finally getting back into the swing of things after our almost-month long "vacation" when ta da! Another unexpected day off! During a staff meeting yesterday after school, someone came into the room and screamed "THEY'RE SPRAYING!!!" Turns out the school was spraying for insects (a mandatory thing for all schools after any flooding) and no one bothered to tell the staff or students. With no warning, these guys came in with huge Ghostbuster-type guns, GASING the entire building inside AND out. Most of the students were still inside. The gas was so thick I couldn't even see my hand held right in front of my face! I felt like I was on a movie set. So crazy. Most of us managed to get out (some students were trapped in a room on the 3rd floor). Since we had no money, house keys, cell phones, etc...we couldn't get home! After waiting an hour for some of the gas to clear (which it didn't), some of us managed to hold our breaths, run inside, feel around, and get our stuff. Still not sure how we did it without suffocating. Some of the teachers felt pretty sick last night I guess.
We got to school this morning and lo and behold, there was still gas inside the school. We had to send all students home, and could not enter the building ourselves. So, here I am....with another day off!
Quite the interesting year so far, and it's not even half over!
Besides all that, things are going good for us here. Andy works every day until his parents and little brother arrive in 12 days. We will be spending Christmas (and the month) with them! We have been looking foward to it for a long time. I could also use more time off :)
Since I have no exciting pictures to post, I decided to post some random ones of everyday things.
 |
| Mini oranges and dragonfruit (our staple breakfast fruit). |
 |
| Our plant! |
 |
| Coconut milk. So good in everything. |
 |
I can't help myself. I still buy myself children's books...
I can read them to high school students, right? |
 |
Andy's favourite yogurt.
Another breakfast staple. |
 |
| One of our awesome garbage cans. |
 |
| Another one of our awesome garbage cans. |
 |
I love doing laundry here. No looking for loonies and quarters to wash clothes?! It's a dream.
Still learning to master washing everything in cold water. |
 |
| Our entire collection of mugs. Jealous? |
 |
| Just another sunset from our balcony. |
No comments:
Post a Comment