Saturday, October 15, 2011

Me, Myself & I

Here I am, alone until Friday (6 whole days)! Andy left the country a couple hours ago. He is currently on an overnight train, and will wake up in the country of Laos! To spare you the details…he had to leave the country for visa purposes. When he re-enters, he will legally be allowed to stay here for 10 months. It will beat having to do a visa run every 30/60 days as most foreigners do.  Rather than making it a quick 2 day trip, Andy decided to make a mini holiday out of it. I don’t know what his exact plans are when he gets there, but I am sure he will have many stories to tell when he gets back.

Andy has been a busy guy. He finished his first 13 days of teaching yesterday. I have been enjoying his teaching stories. I never thought I would see the day where Andy would be the one going on and on about his students. It’s nice. The same day Andy gets back from Laos, we are heading out to a beach town with another group of people I work with. It will be a long weekend here, so we won’t have to be back until Monday night. Wahoo! Then it will be back to work for both of us.

The flooding in Thailand is not backing down. For this reason, many students have been absent from school. I am currently looking out the window at a torrential downpour, accompanied with crazy loud thunder and lightning. I am armed with candles, matches, and a lighter (emergency supplies Andy picked up for me this week) in case the power goes out (which we have quickly learned is not at all uncommon). Over the past few days I have watched the river rise higher and higher, on the way to school. Most of the small homes along the river are now partially underwater. It is pretty scary out there.

Hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather at home!


My moose shirt I bought in honour of hunting season back home!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like the moose shirt was good luck! Garret shot his first moose the same day I posted this! Congratulations brother.

    ReplyDelete