Sunday, September 25, 2011

Roses are Red

Before I begin blogging away, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has sent along well wishes on our travels. We are feeling the love wayyy over here. You are the best.

It is currently after 6pm, and I am sitting here with my feet kicked up while Andy is slaving away in the kitchen. I must say, I have been very spoiled lately! My lunches are made for me at school, and I come home to a hot meal all ready for me to gobble up. Feels like I am in high school again (that’s what you wanted to hear, right mom?)

I am also spoiled because I attended one of the best concerts ever !! On Friday, Andy and I went to see Linkin Park! They have been at the top of our lists of bands we would like to see live in concert before we die. Guess we can check that one off the list! Linkin Park put on an amazing show. The concert was at a huge outdoor venue on the outskirts of Bangkok, an hour from where we live. It poured rain the entire concert, but it was awesome. I don’t know why, but I really think the rain added to the whole atmosphere of it. All in all… an awesome, awesome, awesome night.


On Saturday night (last night), I went to a flower market with a couple other people I work with (and one of their Thai boyfriends). I love flowers, and therefore, I LOVED this market. It was the best smelling market (many have a very questionable aroma lingering in the air) I have been to by far! There are a few different flower markets in Bangkok. They say the best time to go is at night (most are open 24/7), because the blooms are at their prime. 2am to 3am is the busiest time in many of the flower markets as it is when the fresh flowers are delivered. This market was really cool because it was right along a giant river. Aside from flowers, there were also many vendors selling regular market items (such as clothes, shoes, jewellery, food, etc.)



Lotus flowers that look like they are partly made of cloth.
  

The inside part of the lotus flower, which is bought to be eaten.
 


So many roses. I felt like I was in a flower heaven.


The roses I bought. 46 long stem roses for exactly 1 dollar Canadian!!!
Shocking. I know.
 



Orchids everywhere.

More lotus flowers.
 

So colourful.
 

Angry Bird stuff is everywhere. I just don't get it.




Ice cream on a bun. They love that stuff here. (I have yet to try it).


1 comment:

  1. Umm could you please buy me flowers for my wedding?! wow they are gorgeous and so inexpensive!

    dani

    ReplyDelete