Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cherishing Every Moment

T minus two months and counting until we are back on Canadian soil.. to stay. As our time is winding town in Thailand, we have been trying to enjoy the food, our friends, and the sites as much as possible. I am starting to feel really sad about leaving, but also really excited to be back in Saskatchewan.

Crispy catfish caught from the river, a surprisingly mouthwatering dish.

We sent home a bamboo sticky rice cooker so we can enjoy one of our favourite foods back home whenever we want a taste of Thailand.

Best hilarious teacher mug I have received yet. I must admit, another thing I am going to miss is the luxurious teacher gifts I have received, like designer handbags (teaching at a private school definitely has it's perks...shhh).

This week the elementary students went on a fieldtrip to the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre.

Nine floors of some neat stuff.

Some of us even had a chance to meet one of the famous local artists (the Thai man in the middle).


Art from pencil shavings.


This street drummer is amazing. Every time I see him I am mesmerized.


We also went ice skating on our field trip!

Only in Thailand do you become the world's coolest teacher if you know how to skate.

My students were SO nervous to try skating for the first time. Some of them even faked sick to get out of coming. After an hour on the ice, I could not get the kids off! They LOVED it, and even planned a Saturday outing to go back on the weekend themselves. Success.

First lap around. Too scared to let go.

A baby Zamboni.

To start the weekend off, we went to a chili potluck.


I know this does not look appetizing, but after have a two year hiatus from eating chili (due to the lack of affordable ingredients in this country) it tasted like heaven.

Andy made cream cheese filled chocolate covered strawberries.
Sorry ladies, he's mine!!

Another sunset in Metro Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment