Just like my old kindergarten students, the grade 7 students always keep me on my toes. They are forever chatting, laughing, screaming, and playfully shoving each other. In order to keep your sanity, as a teacher, it is necessary to pick your battles when running the class. Sometimes I have to look the other way, or pretend I didn't hear the string of swear words coming out of a kid's mouth (whether in English or Thai).
Some days when I think my pubescent students have gone over the edge and entered the dark, attitude ridden world of teenagers, they do things to completely catch me off-guard (and let me breathe a sigh of relief knowing that they still are little, adorable kids). The little things they do helps remind me of why I love my job.
 |
| What I found in my classroom after one sick day. They did it during their lunch break, without being forced by a teacher!! |
|
 |
| A long-neck woman pencil holder from a student. |
My 80th post!
ReplyDelete