Sunday, March 18, 2012

Field Trip

On Friday I went with the grade 7, 8 and 9 students (and some other teachers) on a field trip. We went to three different places about 2 hours outside the city. Since the Thai teacher organized the trip to go along with what she was teaching in her Thai Language classes, our tour guides spoke Thai the entire day. I had no idea what was going on. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the day.

First stop, this temple.



Shoes off before going inside.



One of the students getting a blessing from a monk.
  


Working on a temple.


Snacks and random things sold everywhere.



Second stop, some place to see buffalo.


A couple of teachers.










Buffalo keychain anyone?



At the buffalo show.

The giant beasts can even walk up and down stairs!





Trying to organize the kids for a group photo.



Last stop, the oldest market in Thailand.

This lady was posing outside the mini Coca Cola museum. 

Lunch.

Toys at the market.
Care for some coloured hard-boiled eggs?

Some meat and deep fried stuff sitting out to roast in the hot sun.

More eggs and, giant insects?







Duck

I bought a bar of bamboo charcoal soap.
Unfortunately it did not make it home...threw it in the garbage by accident :(

A delicious ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment